lunes, 6 de agosto de 2012

Carl Thacker / Illinois, USA profesor de NAPBIRT

Jose,

Thanks for the invite!  I'm not sure how this works but will try to figure it out.

I'm Carl Thacker from Bloomington Illinois, USA
I started repairing instruments in 1975,  I was 16 years old.  became a Charter NAPBIRT member in 1977.  Worked at a music store for 18 years then went to (ISU) Illinois State University  School of Music to do all the repairs and teach music education students how to do basic instrument repair.  I also at that time started a part time repair shop at my home.  Started apprenticing my oldest Son Travis at age 15.

He went to ISU for a Music Business degree.  After his graduation we purchased a building and moved the shop Carl's Pro Band,   carlsproband.com to that location in 2006.  Travis is the manager and partner and we are apprenticing my younger Son Austin and he has been with us for 2 or so years.  I'm going to retire soon from ISU when I have 20 years of service in and and turn 55 years old.  I will work more at our shop Carls Pro Band.

This business of Instrument repair has been very good to me and my family.  The early years were not so good working for a Music store that did not respect me and what I was doing for there business!  But I learned a lot on what not to do from them!! ;) HA!  Working for ISU was the best thing that has ever happened to me.  I have been working and rebuilding mostly very good professional instruments and have built up a very good clientele of great players over the years.

Well that's enough for now,  I have work to do!

Carl


                                  carlsproband.com

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Nota: solo los miembros de este blog pueden publicar comentarios.